Wednesday, August 31, 2011

World’s Most Pierced Woman



According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Elaine Davidson, a.k.a Grace Martin, is the world’s most pierced woman, with a record-breaking total of 3,950 piercings and counting as of 2005!

Davidson, of Edinburgh, Scotland, is definitely a woman who turns some heads. Back in 2005, a Guinness representative came to examine her piercings, finding 3,950 piercings on various parts of her body. In comparison, the most pierced man at the time only had 137 piercings.

“I don’t mind the stares,” says Davidson. “But sometimes I have trouble getting into restaurants. They don’t like the piercings. But many people stop me in the street and want to take my picture and tell me how beautiful I look.”

On her face alone, Davidson boasts over 200 piercings, pointing at the ones on her tongue, eyelids, eyebrows, chin, ears, and pretty much anywhere there’s an inch of skin. Though the ones on her face are the most visible, Davidson says she’s got piercings in almost every imaginable place on her body.


“Sometimes I need to re-pierce the holes when they grow out,” explains Davidson, who clearly loves the attention she receives from her multiple piercings.
 “I don’t mind the pain” she says. “But the most painful piercing for me is my nose and clitoris.”

Ouch.

Davidson says she has over 20 piercings just on her privates alone, and to top it off, she also says she’s done nearly every piercing herself.

“I do it all for art,” she claims. “I think body art is beautiful, and I want to be a living canvas!”

To see pictures from the whole story, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment